And Finally....Carpet

Posted by Steve Cuddihy On Thursday, June 15, 2017 0 comments
The day arrived when the carpet installers called me and said they were forty minutes away from my home.

For as long as I've lived in my home, nineteen years now, I've never had carpet in this room that had a padding under it. I've mentioned the flat, ugly, no texture, ugly, grey carpet that was there when I moved into my home. The last of it is finally in a landfill.

Everything I've done to our Theater Room / Family Room to this point has improved the room and made it more livable. Adding the carpet, changed the dynamics of the room and completed the overall look of our new space. It went from a great looking room, to an amazing living space.

I've walked around on the new carpet for a couple of weeks since I took these initial photos. My feet are happy, they are warm, they are happy. It summer now, so the coldness that is normally there in the summer is gone. I'm looking forward to this winter, January, February, after the ground freezes, to feel how less cold it will feel on my feet and in this room.


Our stairwell with the painted white trim and new carpet. As soon as I paint this area, that includes our entry way, this will look so much better.


Our hallway with many doors, five of them, that will be replaced over time.


A full view of the completed Phase Two. I was jamming out to Nirvana, Live At The Paramount at the time.


We are still not done with the room, but I would say Phase Two is now completed.

Is there a Phase Three you ask? Why yes, yes there is! Phase Three is adding all of the extras to the room. Like the in wall speakers, ceiling speakers, receiver purchase, build a dry bar, a seating area behind the couch, replacing the couch with an L shaped sectional, new entry way tile, and build an entertainment stand to house the cable box, receiver, game centers, etc, and add something decorative to the walls.

0 comments:

Post a Comment