We Took This Trip To Garden Grove

Posted by Steve Cuddihy On Friday, July 1, 2016 0 comments
I must show of a little of my wife's handiwork. She's has planted quite the variety of perennials over the years to finally get the the point where we didn't actually plant anything new this year. We didn't move any plants, though we did split the hostas once again as we had several people who were clamoring for them. So I guess we technically did some work in the garden, but it was to get rid of the overgrowth.

I wish I could tell you exactly what types of flowers these are, but it's just not something I remember well. Though I do know we have Stargazer Lilies, Daffodils, Daisys, some orange type of Lilies, and that's about all I can recall. She's put a lot of work into them and I can't do it justice of recalling all of the flower types that we have. Perhaps you can identify them for me?

I believe these are Tiger Lilies.


I know these are the Daffodils.


I'm unsure what these red ones are, but do not touch the red pedals with your clothes as they will leave stains.


These are so neat looking when the start to bloom. It's a very heavy flower for the plant as the always droop over from their weight.


More of the maroon flowers that stain your clothes, plus the daisy's in the background.


The annuals are doing well this year. We've had some bad luck with a few of the planers we've tried hanging here. They get full sun, and what we've purchased in the past didn't really care for full sun as they burned out by late July. We bought these plants from a different flower shop and a different plant variety as well. it's made all the difference in the world.


Don't know what any of these are here in the planters, but we put them here to hide the ugly cement block wall.


We couldn't let a photo opportunity go by without getting my cat in the photo. Her name is, ironically, Lily.



0 comments:

Post a Comment